Saturday, August 1, 2009

Sugarland shows its rock 'n' roll side on ABC Special Monday


DECATUR, Ga. -- As one of the breakout country bands of the last few years, Sugarland can easily draw thousands of people to their high-energy concerts. But back in the day, Jennifer Nettles would finesse her singer-songwriter skills at a very laidback bar in Decatur, Ga., called Eddie's Attic.

"I love it. I started out there," she says. "I started doing open mikes. They have an open mike competition, and anybody can come and be a part of that. I started out doing that, and got a gig there and started developing a fan base between there and Athens, Ga. I definitely credit it with much of how I became the performer and musician that I am."
cmt.com


ABC SPECIAL MONDAY NIGHT @ 8:00 PM
Sugarland is giving fans a chance to try before you buy. The day before the duo's 'Live on the Inside' CD/DVD set hits Wal-Mart stores, ABC will broadcast special performances from the project in a one-hour special.

"Television music specials become iconic. Who hasn't seen replays of the Beatles on Ed Sullivan or Elvis's TV special wearing his jump suit and giving away his scarf?" says lead singer Jennifer Nettles. "Even performances that I can remember as a child, like 'Live Aid' for example, really made such an impact. We are so excited to have our show on ABC and hope that it will be a moment that people will enjoy and remember."

"We have overheard fans for years say, 'I brought my friend to see the show, this is their first Sugarland experience' with so much pride and excitement on their faces. It's as if they can't wait to share what they have discovered," says Kristian Bush. "This special is their new ticket that they can give to a friend. That is the most exciting part of this, imagining how far it will reach."

Filmed in Lexington, Kentucky last fall, the live concert includes Sugarland's big hits 'Stay,' 'All I Want to Do,' 'Baby Girl' and 'Something More.' They also cover R.E.M.'s 'The One I Love' and 'Nightswimming.'



'Sugarland: Live on the Inside' airs Monday, August 3 at 8:00 PM ET on ABC.

THEBOOT.COM

No comments: