Monday, March 22, 2010

Best place for Taco's is Taqueria del Sol


Decatur, GA.
Taqueria del Sol has four locations, on Cheshire Bridge in Buckhead, on the westside on Howell Mill Road, in Decatur and in Athens.

11 Alive's Jaye Watson's favorite spot.
Reporters aren't supposed to give their opinions so please forgive me. Taqueria del Sol is quite simply my favorite taqueria in all of Atlanta and I would argue, it's the best, except I refuse to argue over something that I know to be a fact, at least in my biased heart.

The first time I had a fish taco from Taqueria I was blown away. Then I had the memphis taco, then I had the carnita, then I had the fried chicken taco, then I had the salsa trio, then I had the guacamole, then I had the cheese dip...then I rolled myself to my car and laid on the couch for four days.

Owner Mike Klank says the concept is the south meets southwest. He's taken southern favorites like pulled pork and fried chicken and paired them companions like jicama slaw and jalapenos and lots of other stuff I don't know and makes an incredibly unique, fresh, delicious taco.

Most days you'll find a line out the door long before noon. Customers are effusive in their praise and fanatical about their favorites. I know how they feel.

Taqueria del Sol has four locations, on Cheshire Bridge in Buckhead, on the westside on Howell Mill Road, in Decatur and in Athens.
http://www.11alive.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, that piece almost makes Mike look pleasant to deal with... almost