THE COOK’S WAREHOUSE RELEASES FALL 2013 CLASS SCHEDULE
ATLANTA, September 26, 2013 – The Fall 2013 class schedule has been released by The Cook’s Warehouse (www.cookswarehouse.com) with a wide variety of classes and several visiting and local chefs.
From “Knife Skills 101 Hands On” to advanced, hands-on classes with local chefs, there are 175 classes this quarter from which to pick.
Cookbook Authors/Special Events:
· The Fabulous Beekman Boys, Brent Ridge and Josh Kilmer-Purcell, “The Beekman 1802 Heirloom Dessert Cookbook”
o November 23 at Midtown/Ansley Mall
· Jessica Harlan, “Homemade Condiments: 100 Artisan Recipes using Fresh, Natural Ingredients”
o November 17, Midtown/Ansley Mall
· Julie and Charles Mayfield, “Quick & Easy Paleo Comfort Foods”
o October 5, Midtown/Ansley Mall
o November 11, Brookhaven
o December 7, East Cobb
· Art Smith, “Art Smith’s Healthy Comfort”
o December 7, Midtown/Ansley Mall
· Fran Costigan, “Vegan Chocolate: Unapologetically Luscious and Decadent Dairy-Free Desserts”
o November 6, Decatur
· Laurey Masterton, “The Fresh Honey Cookbook”
o October 22, Midtown/Ansley Mall
· Steve DiFillippo, “It’s All About the Guest: Exceeding Expectations in Business and in Life, the Davio’s Way”
o October 16, Midtown/Ansley Mall
· George Geary, author of nine cookbooks including “The Cheesecake Bible”, “The Complete Baking Cookbook” and “650 Food Processor Recipes”
o October 31, Midtown/Ansley Mall
o November 1, Brookhaven
Simple Abundance classes to benefit the Atlanta Community Food Bank:
· Chefs Lance Gummere and Julia LeRoy of Bantam & Biddy and Chick-a-Biddy, Party Fowl, 7-9 p.m. October 7, Midtown/Ansley Mall
· Chef Tyler Williams of Woodfire Grill, Cooking with Woodfire Grill, 7-9 p.m. November 4, Brookhaven
· Chef Kevin Gillespie of Gunshow, Fire in my Belly II, 7-9 p.m. November 11, Midtown/Ansley Mall
· Chef/owner Mary Moore and wine specialist Don Hackett, Delicious Winter Entertaining with Mary & Don, 7-9 p.m. December 10, Decatur
Holiday: Numerous Halloween-, Thanksgiving- and Christmas-themed classes, both demonstration and hands on, including Pumpkin Carving, Gingerbread Houses, Southern Candy Making and Holiday Cookies and Meals.
Cuisines: Choose from Cajun-Creole, French, Indian, Irish, Italian, Asian, Mediterranean, Southern, South American, Spanish, Thai and Mexican flavors.
Seafood/shellfish: Several, including the not-to-be-missed Chef Gloria Smiley’s Italian holiday “Feast of the Seven Fishes” class.
Kids’ Classes: A wide array including two skill levels of pumpkin carving, Zombie Zone Cookies, Party Foods, Gingerbread Houses, Soups, Lasagna and even Indian Cooking for kids!
Lifestyle Classes: Multiple offerings including Vegan and Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Cooking for Two, Baby Food Basics, Georgia Grown, Heart Healthy, Paleo, Quinoa and Whole Grains.
Technique classes: Knife skills, Hands On Canning, Grilling on the Big Green Egg®, Baking (pies, beginning cake making, candy making, biscuits, cupcakes and tarts), and pasta-making including Chef Gloria Smiley’s always-sold-out “Pasta-bilities” classes, among others.
For Beginning Cooks:
· How to Braise
· Pressure Cooker
· Knife Skills and
· Master Chicken Sauté, among many others
Although most classes include wine after cooking demonstrations, there are strictly “Wine” and “Wine and Food Pairings” classes as well. This quarter’s offerings include wine classes by country or region with our own Don Hackett who is both a Certified Sommelier and a Certified Specialist of Wine, and several wine classes with Francophile Jennifer Pounds.
The Cook’s Warehouse (www.cookswarehouse.com) is greater Atlanta’s premier gourmet cookware store and cooking school with four stores in the Midtown, Decatur and Brookhaven areas in the city and the East Cobb County area of the suburbs. It offers more than 15,000 products for the kitchen and operates the largest avocational cooking school in the Southeast conducting more than 800 classes yearly, often taught by local chefs, and has a large web-based delivery-by-post site.
Owned and operated by founder Mary S. Moore, The Cook’s Warehouse also retails high-end appliances; conducts private cooking classes for unique celebrations and corporate events, and is a pro bono partner with virtually every major cooking event and gourmet association in Atlanta.
The Cook’s Warehouse is truly “Every Excuse to Cook.”