Saturday, July 5, 2008

WHERE CAN I FIND IT?

WHERE CAN I FIND IT?

By Sabine Morrow
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 07/05/08

Q: I love Italian beef, and the best I have found so far is Papa Charlie's Italian Style Beef. It comes frozen in 2-pound containers with gravy, and usually four to six containers per box. The last time I bought it, I was in Erie, Pa., at a Sam's Club. I have yet to find it here in Atlanta. Do you have an idea if I can get it anywhere in Atlanta and, if not, do you have any suggestions where I can find a good Italian beef with gravy?

JACK BOWMAN, e-mail

A: I finally found this item for you, Jack. It was stashed in a place I least expected. Not only can you stock up on 2-pound boxes of Papa Charlie's Italian Style Beef for $6.99, but you also can purchase 5-pound tubs for $15.99. That's a whole lot of beef. Check out the frozen food section at Target, 1275 Caroline St., Atlanta. 404-260-0200.

Having trouble finding a particular item? We'll try to help you locate it. Because of the volume of mail, we cannot track down every request. Write to us at Buyer's Edge Find It, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, P.O. Box 4689, Atlanta, GA 30302; e-mail buyersedge@ajc.com (please include your name, the city you live in and a daytime phone number); or call 404-582-7642.

Q: I use hazelnuts a lot in baking. Williams-Sonoma used to carry them in 1-pound or so bags, but no longer. I can find them online but, of course, they are quite expensive and then I would have to pay shipping. Is there a local source where I can find these?

DIANA GASKINS, e-mail

A: There is a local outlet for those elusive hazelnuts, which are fabulous in baking and candy making, especially when teamed with chocolate. You can select unshelled hazelnuts for $2.99 per pound but, as you probably know, shelling and skinning them is an arduous and time-consuming chore. Another choice, whole Turkish blanched organic hazelnuts, are ready to use but come with the hefty price of $8.29 per pound. You'll find these nuts at DeKalb Farmers Market, 3000 E. Ponce de Leon Ave., Decatur. 404-377-6400.

Q: I know I can find Heinz ketchup anywhere, but I'm looking for a specific bottle that doesn't seem to be available. It's a squatty glass bottle that looks like a bigger version of the tiny ones you get with room service. I think it holds about the same amount as a regular tall bottle, but it has a wide mouth that makes pouring the ketchup much easier. Can you find this for me, please?

HAROLD QUINTOS, Tucker

A: Until recently, I had never seen this style bottle in the 12-ounce size. I can see where that wide mouth would let the red stuff flow without the wait. I have to admit that it's a really cute little container. You'll find Heinz tomato ketchup in the chubby glass bottle for $1.99 at DeKalb Farmers Market, 3000 E. Ponce de Leon Ave., Decatur. 404-377-6400.

Q: Please help me. I have tried desperately to find a lipstick by Zuri Cosmetics. The color of the lipstick is called Zaire Bronze. I can't seem to find this color anywhere. I would greatly appreciate your help.

KATHY COLLINS e-mail

A: I spotted a couple of online sites that have this lipstick and the prices vary greatly, so I'm giving you the least expensive one that I found. You can purchase Zuri lipstick in Zaire Bronze for $2.99 through www.globalprincess.net or by calling 1-800-921-1060.

Q: Please help me find concentrated hair lotion for babies. I think it was made by Nestle but I'm not sure because I cannot find it. If I need to order it, I will. This is a very good product and I want it for my grandson's hair.

BETTY ARDEN, Dallas

A: Nestle baby hair lotion is a concentrated product that is supposed to give fine baby hair body and fullness. To apply, place some lotion on a cotton pad and use light, circular motions to help give baby some curls. It comes in 2-ounce bottles and sells for $2.69 through www.westburyonline.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please help me find Norell perfume. It comes in a white box with black lettering. My husband and I love this perfume and cannot find it
Barbara Olson - Marietta